Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack, Paper, Scissors.


Bye, Bye Bush.




First off,
Welcome to Lolliewood. It is with my deepest gratitude that I invite you all to my world. I created this blog about a week ago but hadn't posted anything yet because I wanted to find the perfect topic to "blog" about. The most appropriate topic now being, the Inauguration. 
Today history was made & this will definitely be a day never forgotten. For all of the years that Blacks fought to gain equality & respect, we have finally overcome all of that at the highest level we could possibly imagine; electing a Black man as President. We have conquered the greatest position of all, power of the United States. There's a lot of work that needs to be done & of course a lot of pressure on Obama so, with patience, we must take this in stride & remember that he is going to make the changes we want/need in due time.

6 comments:

  1. i had to "kudos" myself on my first entry. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I AM SO IMPRESSED! I GUESS YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY YOUNG LADY. NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR. POSITIVITY PROMOTES POSITIVITY. ALWAYS REMAIN FOCUSED ON YOUR GOALS AND ASPIRE TO BE ABSOLUTELY PINNACLE. THERE'S NO SUCCESS WITH OUR STRUGGLE. YOU'VE JUST BEGUN THE JOURNEY........ SEE YOU AT THE TOP. LOVE ALWAYS, MOMMIE (TAM I AM, ME - ALWAYS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lollie,

    Nice Blog!!!

    You Are Incredible!)

    As you can now see, your future is definitely in your hands - along with the Hand our God, anything is possible!

    Love Auntie, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it fun and interesting and true to yourself! Let the positive energy stay!


    Roll bounce =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start to your blog. I agree with what you're saying about the future of this wonderful country. I know a lot of us, especially the young, now feel like they can accomplish anything. However, I would like to add that ANYTHING THAT'S WORTHWHILE DOES NOT COME EASY. Just look at Obama and Michelle's resume. In closing, I would just like to express this to all, don't expect Obama Hand Me Downs...We need to do our share as well. Obviously he can't do it alone and we can't afford to lose momentum with our laziness. Do your @@@@ job black people.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete